Wednesday 27 October 2010

Commissions - A Christening Set


I have been working recently on this heirloom Christening set consisting of a shawl, bonnet and booties. The set was knitted in ecru DK New Lanark wool with a gold coloured lurex thread incorporated into the border of the shawl, the cuff of the booties and throughout the bonnet. The bonnet and booties were completed with gold coloured ribbons.

I designed the shawl myself. It consisted of panels with a lacy leaf design separated with stocking stitch panels. The edging had a different leaf design. The bonnet and booties were adaptions of old patterns.

The set was a commission for the christening of a friend's grand-daughter. I also knitted a commemorative cushion cover. I can't show you a photo of that because it is personalised with her name and date of birth. I've previously produced personalised cushions for wedding gifts.

If you are interested in enquiring about commissioning an item, please contact me by email. My email address is on the contact page (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment